Disability Awareness Day 2021: COVID-19 Safety Measures
Warrington Borough Council and the local Public Health Department have given the green light to our event. Furthermore, they are satisfied that with the changes to the event format we have made, plus with our COVID-19 safety measures.
Your safety, and that of our staff and visitors is our Number One priority
The past 18 months have been tough for all of us, even now nothing is completely certain, all we can do is plan to make our event as safe as possible and continue to watch the situation in the coming weeks to ensure that we can meet whatever are the prevailing regulations and guides, both national and local at the time of the event.
Your co-operation is a big part of it.
- Please do not attend, if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are isolating from Test and Trace or a positive test result
- Follow the guidance on our signage and advice from our stewards at all times
- Even though social distancing measures are not mandatory; we ask you to keep a safe distance from others
- Use sanitiser stations that will be available around the event site
Face mask and or coverings are optional
Among the Covid measures we have in place are:
- We have relocated the catering vehicles and seating area to avoid congestion.
- Marquees will have maximum ventilation, and visitors will be encouraged to follow a one-way route.
- Additional toilet facilities to eliminate or reduce queuing and with regular cleaning.
- Access to sanitiser, at all key points: entrances, seating areas.
- Signage to remind visitors of current guidelines where relevant.
- Additional stewards will be on hand throughout the day to monitor any queuing and encourage good practice.
- Seating within the arts marquee will be reduced to allow maximum flow.
- Signage advising visitors not to attend, if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are isolating from Test and Trace or a positive test result, will be displayed at the main entrance.
- All stewards and staff will be briefed about the latest guidance at the health and safety meeting prior to the event.
- The temperatures of all stewards will be taken and recorded daily, anyone registering a high temperature will be asked to take a COVID-19 Lateral Flow Test and appropriate actions will be taken.